The Missoula Fire Department responded in the early morning hours on Tuesday to an apartment complex located at 115 Turner Court for smoke coming from the bathroom. 

Fire Inspector Adam Sebastian said smoke filled the entire 4-plex apartment complex. All occupants were outside upon the first arriving engine. He said no one was home in the apartment where the fire originated.

Responding to the fire were three engines, a ladder truck, a Battalion Chief and a Fire Investigator. Altogether, 12 firefighters were on scene, along with the Missoula Police department, an ambulance and the Red Cross.

"Fire crews forced open the door and located the fire in the bathroom ceiling fan area," Sebastian said. "The fire had spread to the upstairs apartment’s bathroom and burned a hole through the floor. The fire was quickly confined and extinguished."

The Red Cross responded and provided 2 rooms for the displaced tenants. The fire is under investigation at this time.