The latest on the shooting at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado. (All times local):

8 a.m.

North Carolina neighbors of the man police say attacked a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado say he was quiet and when he did speak, he didn't appeared to be all there.

Robert Lewis Dear spent time at a small cabin with no electricity or running water about a half-mile up a twisty dirt road near Black Mountain, North Carolina. On Saturday, there was a cross made of twigs on the door of the pale yellow shack.

James Russell lived a few hundred feet down the mountain from Lewis and says Dear would jump from topic to topic when he spoke and just seemed off. But neighbors also say he didn't talk about religion or abortion.

Dear also spent time in a house in the nearby town of Swannanoa.


7:30 a.m.

President Barack Obama says the Planned Parenthood shootings show the urgent need "to do something about the easy accessibility of weapons of war" for "people who have no business wielding them."

"Enough is enough," Obama says in a statement a day after a gunman killed three people at a Colorado clinic.

Obama says it's not known what motivated the shooter, but it's clear "more Americans and their families had fear forced upon them" — and that, the president says, "is not normal. We can't let it become normal."

He says if "we truly care about this — if we're going to offer up our thoughts and prayers again, for God knows how many times, with a truly clean conscience," then America must make it harder to get guns.


7:20 a.m.

Police have identified the suspect in an attack at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs as Robert Lewis Dear of North Carolina.

The 6-foot-4-inch man was taken into custody Friday after an hourslong standoff and shootout. Jail booking records indicate that Dear is due in court on Monday.

No other details about the suspect were immediately available, including whether he had any connection to Planned Parenthood. Police say three people, including an officer, were killed in the attack.

Lt. Catherine Buckley said Saturday that the items that Dear brought to the scene are "no longer a threat." She wouldn't say what the items were or why they were no longer a threat.

Buckley says investigators expect to study the crime scene for several days.