Why Does The Missoula Children’s Theater Have An Entire Fleet Of Red Trucks In Their Parking Lot Right Now?
Summer is officially underway, so that means the majority of summer camps and programs for our kiddos are kicking off soon! Over the weekend I drove past the Missoula Children's Theater on my way to my brother Sean's house, and I was flabbergasted by the sight of a parking lot FULL of bright red MCT trucks. I asked around to see if any of my friends knew what the trucks were used for and no one could give me a definitive answer, so I checked out mctinc.org to find out for myself!
Did you know that our very own MCT puts on a traveling summer theater program for kids and they visit over 1,200 communities around the world including 50 states, 15 countries, 5 Canadian provinces and 2 territories?! According to their pamphlet, that's 65,000 cast members and 750,000 audience members every year!
Here's how it works:
- You book a little red truck online at mctinc.org/mct-tour/
- 2 Professional actor/directors will show up in your community
- On Monday, your kids will be cast in their roles
- There will be 5 exciting days of team building
- They will spend 20 hours throughout the week rehearsing
- By Saturday, your kids will have gained a character and an experience that will last a lifetime
- Parents, family members, friends etc. will be able to watch your child in a legit theater production!
An experience where our children get to tap into their inner creativity and explore the world of art and theater is truly priceless! The memories and experience they will take away from a program like this will last a lifetime and could help shape them into the person they are meant to be!
To learn more about the Missoula Children's Theater and their little red truck program, click HERE or visit mctinc.org!