Sexual Assault in Missoula – Second Take [Part XI] [AUDIO]
As we wrap-up our look behind the headlines at sexual assault in Missoula, we're going to hear perspectives of some of the things that make this issue so difficult...for victims, for advocates, for law enforcement, for the criminal justice system, for all of us.
Jenny Daniel, supervisor of the crime victim advocate program in Missoula, has some thoughts on initiating sexual assault reports, on how many reports end up in convictions, and why this is so hard. Listen here...
- Every two minutes, someone in the US is sexually assaulted.
- Only 6 percent of rapists will ever see the inside of a jail cell.
- One in every four women in the US will be a victim of sexual assault. One in six of rape.
- 60 percent of assaults in the US are not reported to the authorities.
- You can change these statistics. Help eliminate sexual assault by intervening.
A variety of sexual assault awareness public service announcements can be found at this website.