Fire at Jakers Restaurant Draws First Responders
A fire at Jakers this morning, February 24, caused the southbound lane of Brooks and some side streets to be blocked off.
The fire began around 7:10 and was quickly knocked down.
Gordy Hughes with the Missoula Fire Department said three fire engines responded along with a battalion chief vehicle.
"When they arrived, crews found the fire on the cook line in the back of the kitchen," Hughes said. "The fire originated behind cooking equipment due to a build up of grease and a gas leak."
Hughes said no one received injuries, though one employee refused ambulance transport for smoke inhalation.
"With the quick actions of the cook and a couple of line cooks, they kept the fire from growing significantly with a couple of portable fire extinguishers," Hughes said. "There was some significant damage to expensive commercial cooking equipment."
According to a press release, damage total is around $150,000.