Public Fireworks Displays Ready to Light Up the Night
The weather forecast looks good and the sky bombs are being prepared for a wild and loud fireworks night July 4th in Western Montana.
- Hamilton - Ravalli County Fairgrounds display at about 10 p.m. with parking at the north parking lot and across Fairgrounds Road at the softball field. No parking on Fairgrounds Road, with only east-bound traffic allowed on a section of the road. Use Highway 93 or Old Corvallis Road to access the Fairgrounds.
- Stevensville - The Annual Stevensville Civic Club Pignic and fireworks at Lewis and Clark Park. American Legion Honor Guard at noon, barbeque in the afternoon, skateboard exhibitions and at dusk - fireworks.
- Florence - Fireworks at about 10:15 p.m. at the Florence Volunteer Fire Department's community potluck dinner at the Florence Community Park, near the school. Fun starts at 5 p.m. with food, a raffle, music, games and activities.
- Missoula - Fireworks display returns to Southgate Mall with music starting at 7 p.m., food trucks and a beer garden. The Missoula City Band plays until dark, when the fireworks take over.
- Polson has a July 4th parade at noon and fireworks after 10 p.m.
- Seeley Lake has a fireworks display over the waters.
We realize there are plenty of celebrations that we might've missed, so ask around and don't miss the bright lights. If you have pets, one idea is to put them in a closed room, shades down and the radio turned on to mask the booms.
Happy 4th of July!