The City of Missoula has announced some changes to their services due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Public access to Missoula City Hall has been limited. The south and north entrances will be locked during business hours and the public will only be able to access Municipal Court through the Ryman Street entrance. The remainder of the building will be closed to the public and the Missoula Police Department is providing security at the Ryman Street entrance.

All non-essential city meetings are canceled or postponed, including neighborhood councils, planning meetings and other meetings that are not legally required.

The building that houses city council and the Jack Reidy Conference room at 140 West Pine Street is currently closed. The public service window at the Finance Department on the second floor of Missoula City Hall is also closed to the public.

Payments can be made in the following ways:

  • Sewer: Pay online by clicking on payments. Use the drop boxes at 435 Ryman Street and 1345 West Broadway. Mail payments to P.O. Box 5388, Missoula, 59806. Pay by phone at 552-6125.
  • Water/Stormwater: Pay online by clicking on payments. Mail to P.O. Box 5388, Missoula, 59806 or 1345 W. Broadway, Missoula, 59801. Pay by phone at 866-790-7218 or 552-6700.
  • Parking tickets: Pay online by clicking on payments. Use the dropboxes at 435 Ryman St. and 128 W. Main St. Pay by phone at 552-6250.
  • Dog and chicken licenses: Pay online here or here. Use the dropbox at 435 Ryman on the first floor. Mail to 6700 Bulter Creek Road or 435 Ryman St. By phone call 541-7387.
  • No notary services are available in city hall at this time. If you require a notary please check with your bank.
  • Deferred prosecution: Phone 552-6125 or use the drop box at 435 Ryman St.
  • Other information: Call 552-6110 or 552-6000.

Missoula City Attorney’s Office

  • Not accepting any walk-ins until further notice.
  • Contact the appropriate staff member by phone or email to discuss any business.
  • Please email or call 552-6020 with questions.

Parks and Recreation

  • Currents Aquatics Center is closed and most recreation and aquatics programs are canceled.
  • More information here.

Missoula Water

  • All non-emergency services in customers’ homes are suspended.
  • The customer service counter at the Water office at 1345 W. Broadway is closed, but there is a drop box for payments at the front door.
  • See the Missoula Water home page for detailed information.

Missoula Parking Commission

  • The front office is closed.
  • The Parking Commission has provided an update on services on their department page.

Missoula Fire Department

  • All Missoula Fire Department public education and training is canceled.
  • Conference rooms are closed to public use.

Missoula City Clerk

  • The Missoula City Clerk's Office is closed and staff are working remotely.
  • Contact Marty Rehbein at 552-6078 or email Kirsten Hands and Marty Rehbein.

City of Missoula Police Department

  • The Missoula Police Department is continuing to provide essential law enforcement services.
  • If there is an emergency, please call 911.
  • For non-emergency business, please visit the Ryman Street Headquarters or file any incident reports that are not in progress online.
  • The Catlin Street lobby is closed and public fingerprinting services are suspended.
  • If you have any questions please call 552-6303.

Missoula City/County Animal Control

  • Missoula City/County Animal Control is still taking phone calls.
  • Officers are responding to essential calls such as picking up strays and responding to injured animals.
  • People are asked to call and make an appointment to adopt a pet or to reclaim your animal that was picked up at 541-7387.
  • Pets may be licensed by mail or online.

The City of Missoula Human Resources Department

  • Job recruitments and hiring of new employees by the City are being suspended.
  • Individuals who have submitted applications for positions will be notified of the delay and contacted by Human Resources when hiring resumes.
  • If you have any questions please call 552-6130.

City of Missoula GIS Services

  • All map-based inquiries regarding COVID-19 are being referred to the state or county mapping divisions.

Development Services

  • Conducting business as usual with the exception of face to face meetings and service.
  • Information will soon be available that identifies alternative methods of delivery for all services.
  • People in need of assistance can call 552-6630.

The Missoula Redevelopment Agency

  • The doors at 140 West Pine Street are closed and staff are currently working from home.
  • To speak to someone in the department, please call Ellen Buchanan at 552-6156.

The Missoula Office of Neighborhoods

Missoula Municipal Court

There are considerable adjustments to court processes. Click here for more information.

Office of Housing and Community Development

  • The office is currently closed, but staff can be reached by phone or email. Click here for more information.

Missoula Water

  • The lobby at 1345 West. Broadway is currently closed.
  • You can pay your water/storm water bill by calling 552-6700, mailing a check to P.O. Box 5388, Missoula, MT 59806-5388, or online and signing up for direct debit.
  • You can pay your sewer bill by calling the number listed above, mailing a check to the P.O. Box listed above, or online.

Garden City Compost

  • Currently open during regular business hours and is accepting materials at no charge.
  • An inspection from the Green Waste Inspector at the site is still required.
  • Additional information here.

More From Newstalk KGVO 1290 AM & 98.3 FM