Love Being Outdoors? This is the Perfect Montana Job For You!
Imagine spending most of your time outdoors and making a good living in Montana. Gret news! You can do both of those things as a game warden in Montana.
Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill various game warden positions in the state, and the starting wage is $25.17/hour. You also get additional pay for working overtime and five weeks of paid time off (including holidays).
If you love spending time outside and enjoy Montana's outdoor lifestyle, a job as a Game Warden could be a great fit.
Here are a few basic qualities that describe a well-qualified game warden candidate according to Montana FWP.
- Ability to interpret laws, rules, procedures, regulations, and recognize violations.
- Ability to work independently, act without prompt, and proactively pursue responsibilities and assignments.
- Demonstrate commitment to serving public interest such as volunteer experience, teaching, leading or organizing groups or service organizations.
- Experience maintaining respect, accountability, and fairness in the face of conflict, hostility, or stress.
- Genuine interest in natural resources and outdoor recreation. Basic knowledge of major fish and wildlife species and conservation in Montana.
A primary function of a game warden is to effectively communicate with a very diverse public, employees from other state and federal agencies, and employees within FWP’s other divisions. If you think you have what it takes to be a game warden in Montana, you're encouraged to apply.
For a full job description and to apply, click here.