Western Montana Fair – Friday – Missoula Stampede PRCA Rodeo + More [SPONSORED]
You haven't missed out on all the fun! There are still three full days of the fair, including the demolition derby and rodeo events. Here's what's happening at the Western Montana Fair and rodeo today, Friday, August 9.
- 4-H activities begin at 7:30 a.m.
- The "Country Fair," which includes the petting zoo and pony rides, is 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The North Star Carnival begins at noon. This is a new company handling the rides and they are fantastic! There is a great selection of new rides, with more variety.
- Tonight's arena show is the Bitterroot Motors Bullorama at 7 p.m.
- Daily demonstrations at the commercial, photography and floriculture buildings. Plus, at 3 p.m. in the Culinary Building, there will be a "Fun Foods" competition.
- Free stage entertainment runs from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m. today.
- Stage 4, which is just west of the free stage, is featuring the "Cutest Show On Earth" and "Pippi The Clown."
- Stage 2 features Missoula's own Mark Dubois Band at 5:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Stage 3 features Super Science demonstrations from 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- On the west lawn, enjoy Leroy's Zoo, Kids' Tractor Pulls, Big Air Insanity Tour and Big Air Wave sessions beginning at 11 a.m.
- Of course, the Montana Tavern Association Beer Garden will be open for bingo & fun for those 21 and older.
This is the final day to take advantage of the fair's "Happy Hour." If you go between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., admission is FREE. Nothin' like a viking or Indian taco for lunch! Also, don't forget to enter your business card into the Yellow Ticket Booth drawing box for a chance to win a pair of tickets to a night show!
This blog is sponsored by the Western Montana Fair and Rodeo. The fair runs from Tuesday, August 6 through Sunday, August 11. It is being held at the Missoula Fairgrounds Events Center, located on the corner of Russell Street and South Avenue. For more information about the fair, visit www.missoulafairgrounds.com/western-montana-fair, check out the brochure or call 406-721-FAIR (3247).