Contact Us
Missoula City Fire Department

Missoula City Fire Department - Page 2

Sparr's Towing Fire Photo

Early Morning Fire Damages Local Towing Business [AUDIO]

Both the Missoula City and Missoula Rural Fire Departments responded to a structure fire that was reported to 9-1-1 at about 4:30 a.m. Friday, December 20, at Sparr's Towing, at West Central and Johnson Streets.

Read More|Comment

Missoula Fire Combat 1

Scott Firefighter Combat Challenge is This Weekend in Missoula [AUDIO]

The last time the Scott Firefighter Combat Challenge competition for Montana was held in Missoula was back in 1998, and the host team is pulling out all the stops this weekend to make this a memorable event.

Read More|Comment

Rick's Auto Body
photo courtesy of KECI/NBC Montana

Employee Dies After Missoula Auto Body Shop Explosion [AUDIO]

An employee of a Missoula auto body shop, who was injured in an explosion and fire when a spark ignited fumes from lacquer thinner, has died at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. He was identified as Bruce Hall, 44.

Read More|Comment

night fire
Photo courtesy of maxxx/

Vehicle Fire on Kemp Street Early Monday Morning [AUDIO]

Missoula police and fire personnel were called out to a vehicle fire on Kemp Street early Monday morning.

Read More|Comment

River Rescue
photo courtesy of the MFD

After Tragic Drowning, Missoula Fire Department Training Officer Gives River Safety Tips [AUDIO]

On Sunday, a six year-old girl drowned in a tragic accident on the Bitterroot River, when the boat she was riding in with her father capsized.

Read More|Comment

Travis Crosby
photo by Peter Christian

Missoula Arson Suspect Was Facing Eviction – Placed in Jail on $75,000 Bail [AUDIO]

Travis David Crosby, 28, appeared in justice court via video from the Missoula County Jail and was charged with felony arson, after admitting to detectives that he had stared the fire that heavily damaged the Vantage Villa Apartments on June 13.

Read More|Comment

apartment fire
photo courtesy of NBC Montana-KECI-TV

UPDATE- Cooking Mishap Caused Sunday Evening Fire in Three Story Apartment Building [AUDIO]

A kitchen fire caused over $20,000 in damage Sunday evening in an apartment on West Front Street.

Missoula City Fire Assistant Chief Jeff Brandt revealed on Monday, that the cause of the fire was overcooked fish

Read More|Comment

Idaho Street fire
photo courtesy of KECI-TV

Fire That Killed Dozens of Pets in Missoula Caused by Candle [AUDIO]

The fire on May 29 that killed dozens of pets, including dogs, cats, chickens, cockatiels and other animals was caused by a candle that caused other combustibles to burn, causing over $45,000 in damage to the home, injuring two human residents, as well.

Read More|Comment

firefighters on the job
photo courtesy of quinn anya/

Missoula City Fire to Conduct Controlled Burn on Wednesday [AUDIO]

Missoula City Fire will be conducting a controlled burn training exercise on Wednesday at 1625 South 7th Street starting at about 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. in cooperation with Habitat for Humanity.

Read More|Comment

house fire
photo courtesy of nate one/

Update – Fire Chief Warns About Outdoor Burning After Friday Afternoon Blaze on Grant Creek Road [AUDIO]

Update: Saturday, March 16, 12:00 p.m.

This message comes from Assistant Missoula Rural Fire Chief Brent Christofferson...

The fire appears to have been caused by a recreational fire in the back yard that spread to the home then up the siding of the house and into the attic. MRFD fire investigators, however, are continuing their investigation.  The majority of the house was saved, but there is significant damage to the 2nd floor and outside of the home.  Preliminary damage to the home is said to be around $80,000.  The Missoula Rural Fire District would like to remind people to continue to monitor your recreational fire or open burning as  weather conditions can change rapidly, fire can spread and cause significant damage in a short period of time.


Missoula Rural Fire, with assistance from Missoula City Fire and the Frenchtown Fire Departments battled a structure fire Friday afternoon on Grant Creek Road.

Read More|Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for KGVO Club VIP quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive KGVO Club VIP contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.