Monster Truck Races Are in Missoula This Weekend – Brush Up on Your Trivia
We are getting ready for the E3 Spark Plugs Monster Truck Nationals on Friday, June 8 and Saturday, June 9 at the Missoula County Fairgrounds, so it seems like a good time to brush up on some random facts about these beastly machines.
Did you know that…
- The longest jump made by a Bigfoot monster truck was 202 feet. It went over the top of a jetliner.
- A monster truck uses 2-3 gallons of fuel in a 250-foot run
- The average truck tire costs $2,000
- A monster truck costs between $150,000 and $250,000 to purchase
- A new truck has been added to the series that looks like a cow. Its name is Bigfoot Bessie and it is driven by Darron Schnell.
- The driver of the truck named Obsessed is 17-year-old Eric. His dad, who is also his teammate, drives a truck named Obsession.
Check out a video from April’s races in Columbus, Ohio.
Subscribe to Newstalk KGVO 1290 AM & 101.5 FM on