About Townsquare Media
Townsquare Media is a dynamic media company that owns and operates radio assets, digital products and live event properties. We specialize in the creation and distribution of original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Our assets include radio stations with companion websites in small to mid-sized markets and over 200 live music and non-music events nationwide.
If you are interested in working for Townsquare Media, please read through the list below of unique positions in your area that we are looking to fill. Download our Townsquare Media Employment Application if you would like to be considered for one of our available opportunities.
Digital Editor/Marketing Assistant Intern
This internship will entail a variety of tasks that will better the skills and understanding at the position of Digital Editor/Marketing Assistant Intern. These skills will be highly beneficial in the advancement of education for the intern, as well as provide real-world work experience. In order to apply for this position you must be an enrolled student and receive college credit.
Tasks may include the following:
- Partner with teams of on-air talent to create compelling content for the community, including text, photo, video & interactive across the site, mobile and social media
- Develop content based on audience demand & search data
- Top edit several posts and features a day
- Manage the calendar of content for the site
- Distribute the content across the web and grow the audience
- Monitor and analyze web statistics with the goal of improving performance
- Utilize best practices for search engine optimization and social media to drive audience
- Strategize ways to increase site audience & engagement
- Grow an active database for email, mobile and social media
- Ensure on-air promotions, contests, events, and activities are always synced with a web component
- Practice important and necessary writing skills through blogging
- Take on personal site-related projects that provide opportunities to use own ideas and experience a high-involvement feeling in the work place
- Expand your personal network and improve your networking skills
Additional tasks relative to the job description may arise during the internship.
Send your resume, cover letter and anything else you think is important for us to consider to Tan Curtis at: Tan.Curtis@townsquaremedia.com.
Sales Account Executive
Townsquare Media has one of fastest growing audiences among media companies in America, reaching people across multiple media platforms, including radio stations, leading locally-focused websites, national music and entertainment websites and >500 live events including concerts and sporting events. The Company offers advertisers traditional radio advertising, online streaming advertising, digital display advertising, email advertising, e-couponing, digital marketing services and event sponsorship opportunities to drive results for advertisers, all sold by commission-based sales people. This dynamic product and service offering is distinct from any other media company operating in small and mid-sized American markets, offering “big city” opportunities to tenacious potential applicants in small and mid-sized markets. World class, multi-product sales training is offered to all sales professionals. Sales positions include unlimited potential earnings through commission based-compensation as well as customary health benefits.
As part of an on-going recruitment campaign for our advertising sales team, we are looking for an Account Executive who has the creativity and marketing skills to develop great ad campaigns. Candidates must demonstrate dependability, passion, strong communication and problem-solving skills. Business acumen, open-mindedness and a sense of what it takes to win are essential. Previous broadcast sales experience a plus.
To develop existing and new business by being the primary client contact, an account executive contacts prospective customers to sell radio air time, digital media products, and sales promotion packages.
The following duties are required of account executives:
- Promotes and sells advertising and additional services and products to existing accounts.
- Calls on prospects and presents outlines of various advertising programs and initiatives.
- Works with potential customers to purchase radio time and other advertising-related products by presenting information on various programs that will draw customers to their businesses.
- Prepares promotional plans, sales literature, time rates, and sales contracts.
- Enters new customer data and other sales contract details for station clients into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with existing and prospective radio station clients.
- Investigates and resolves client issues.
Please send your resume to Scott Richman, 3250 South Reserve Street 200, Missoula, MT 59801 or Scott.Richman@townsquaremedia.com.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY:
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Townsquare Media has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.