2 Men Charged After Student’s Overdose Death
Gallatin County authorities have charged two men with criminal distribution of dangerous drugs after a Montana State University student died of an overdose earlier this year.
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports Geoffrey Qualls and Daniel McGrail are accused of giving the synthetic drug U-47700 to 20-year-old Natalie Dietrich, who overdosed on the drug in January at a concert hall.
Prosecutor Erin Murphy says the men are not being charged with Dietrich's death because she took the drug voluntarily.
Charging documents say Dietrich and Qualls were found in a bathroom along with a plastic bag containing white powder. Dietrich died at the scene and Qualls was taken to a hospital.
The documents say Qualls told authorities McGrail gave him the powder that he called "Euphoria." Qualls told investigators he didn't remember anything after snorting it.