On Monday, the Justice Department announced that it was charging Dzhokhar Tsarnaev with using a weapon of mass destruction that resulted in the deaths of three people at the Boston Marathon last week. If convicted he could face the death penalty or up to life in prison.
A massive manhunt that spanned several Boston communities has come to an end with Boston police announcing that 19-year-old Dzokhar Tsarnaev, the second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing, has been captured.
A YouTube account believed to be Tamerlan Tsarnaev 's and a Twitter account that could be Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's has been found. The YouTube account includes 17 videos in four categories, including the one "Terrorists."
The second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing has been captured. Dzokhar Tsarnaev was taken into police custody Friday night -- five days after the bombing that left three dead and left more than 100 injured, police said. The 19-year-old was apprehended after a manhunt that began Thursday night with the fatal shooting of an MIT officer and extended into the evening hours on Friday.
The city of Boston was locked down most of the day on Friday, April 19. Keith Miller, whose father is a professor at The University of Montana, said Friday afternoon that locking down the Boston area was a wise policy.
6:55 AM ET: The AP is reporting that the suspects are from Chechnya, and have lived in the US for at least one year. The surviving Boston bomb suspect has been identified as Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, of Cambridge, Ma. NBC News is reporting that both suspects are brothers. Sources say that the men may have military experience, according to law enforcement officials.
6:30 AM ET: CNN is reporting that