Announcing: Hunters & Anglers Rendezvous Is Coming To Missoula
Hunting and fishing in Montana is more than just a hobby for a lot of Montanans, it is a way of life. There are a lot of people that rely on hunting and fishing for sustenance. The Backcountry Hunters & Anglers are an organization that is trying to protect this way of Montana. According to their website, their mission reads:
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers seeks to ensure North America's outdoor heritage of hunting and fishing in a natural setting, through education and work on behalf of wild public lands, waters, and wildlife.
The Backcountry Hunters & Anglers are putting on their "North American Rendezvous" in Missoula coming up on March 16th through March 18th with an impressive list of events.
- Field to Table Dinner- Features renowned chef and author Hank Shaw joined by chefs from across North America for a dinner.
- Backcountry Brew Fest- This will be happening on the evening of St. Patrick's Day in Caras Park downtown Missoula.
- Wild Game Cookoff- Chapters from the United States and Canada will compete for the coveted "golden bull" trophy
- Campfire Stories- Saturday March 18th featuring storytellers telling stories about their outdoor travels.
- Seminars- Field skills, food skills, and conservation and policy seminars will be featured.
- Panels- Hunting, fishing, and outdoor community experts will be discussing the issues that are facing public lands and waters.
- Raffles and online auction
This will be the Backcountry Hunters & Anglers largest gathering of the year. You are able to purchase tickets to individual events or entire weekend packages are now available.