Structure Fire Causes $5,000 Damage To Mobile Home [YouTube]
An early morning fire at a mobile home in Missoula caused significant damage, but no injuries.
Acting Battalion Chief Ron Lubke said the call came in just after 5:00 a.m. on Monday.
"At 05:11, Missoula Rural Fire, Missoula Fire Dept. and Missoula Emergency Services were dispatched for a structure fire at 4557 Bailey Street. Per the call to 9-1-1, the fire was on the front porch of the house," Lubke said.
"The first fire unit arrived on scene to a single-wide mobile home reporting the fire to be mostly contained to the front porch side of the residence with fire extension to the porch roof and possibly into the house attic," he said. "All 4 adult occupants were out of the home and accounted for. Missoula Rural Fire units arrived and crews began to open the roof space to look for extension under the roof. A section of roof was removed and the remaining fire was extinguished. The interior of the home appeared to have sustained little to no damage."
At the time this story was published. it was believed that a cigarette in a planter box on the front porch is the cause of the fire. Lubke said the damages were estimated to be approximately $5,000. No injuries were received by either the occupants or the fire crew on-scene.