The 10 Grossest Things People Found in Their Food
Last week, a kid in Michigan ordered a roast beef sandwich from a local Arby’s and got the surprise of his life when he took a big bite out of it and discovered a piece of a human finger bouncing around his mouth.
The truly horrifying fact is that it’s far from the first time this kind of thing has happened. Here are some other equally disgusting things that have been found in restaurant food or even brand name foods that could be sitting on a store shelf or a kitchen near you.
1. The Condom in a Hamburger
Fast food restaurants often appear in these kinds of stories because of the rush for quick, easily prepared food and the demand for faster serving times. Even if the process went at warp speed, it’s hard to understand how something like a condom could end up on a Big Mac. Then again, it’s probably the most protection anyone has ever had from certain diseases while eating a McDonald’s sandwich.
2. The Roach in the Hash Browns
One of the biggest fears of fast food customers has to be spotting some vermin or rodents crawling around the place as they are trying to enjoy their meal. The only fear greater is actually finding bugs IN the food, like this kid did when he bit into his McDonald’s hash browns and found a dead roach fried in the center of it. It’s safe to say he was not loving it that day.
3. The Mouse in the Loaf of Bread
Some people try to avoid the unhealthiness of eating out by cooking at home or making a sandwich for work instead of going out for a bite at lunch. Apparently, even eating at home can earn you a lifetime of heaving and therapy. A man in England learned this lesson the hard way when he discovered a dead mouse baked in the loaf of bread he bought from the store.
4. The Mouse in the Soda
There are numerous instances of people discovering unwanted surprises in soda cans and drinks, but the true horror comes from the company’s response to one man who claimed he found a whole mouse in his cold beverage. A man in Illinois who found a mouse in his Mountain Dew actually took the company to court for making him drink carbonated vermin. Pepsi, however, tried to dispute the suit’s claims by proving that even if there was a mouse in the drink, it couldn’t have remained intact because the Mountain Dew would have dissolved it into a “jelly-like substance.” So, technically, they should change the slogan to “Do the Dew before the Dew dissolves you.”
5. The Serrated Knife in the Sandwich Bread
Most of the items found in these foods might be disgusting, but at least they are small and easy to miss if you’re not careful. It’s hard to figure out how a Subway employee could have accidentally misplaced a six-inch serrated knife and accidentally baked the whole thing into a loaf of bread as they were preparing for the afternoon lunch rush. The guy who found it luckily bit into the melted handle and not the blade before discovering their not-so-little mistake.
6. The Razor Blade in the Ice Cream
No one has ever cautiously spooned their way into a pint of ice cream. It’s always a comfort food worth devouring immediately and no one has ever wasted any time trying to eat it. Luckily, one person took their time long enough to discover that someone had accidentally dropped a sharp razor blade into their pint of generic Wal-Mart ice cream. And it wasn’t even coated in chocolate.
7. The Tooth in the Candy Bar
Dentists have always warned us that eating too many sweets will make your teeth fall out of your head. Apparently, working around them does the same thing. A woman in Texas bit into a Milky Way candy bar only to find a human tooth biting her back.
8. The Used Bandage in the French Fries
College food always carries a notorious air of mediocrity. Some universities have scaled back their own food service staff so they can bring on fast food franchises to make up for the loss. That, apparently, isn’t much of an improvement since one woman at the University of Illinois discovered a scabby band-aid in her carton of McDonald’s french fries.
9. The Glass in the Baby Food
Some parents in Brooklyn, NY, fed their infant some Gerber baby food and noticed he was spitting it out. The parents thought it was just the messy tendencies of a baby until they noticed he was bleeding from the mouth caused by a dangerous shard of glass in the jar. The scarier part is the national wave of complaints that followed from more than 30 states with similar complaints. Maryland even enacted an outright ban of one brand of baby food because of contamination fears.
10. The Human Skin Slice in the Chicken Sandwich
Like we said before, finding a finger in your food is frightening but it’s far from the first time. A man in Florida ordered a sandwich from a fast food restaurant and found a whole slice of bloody skin in between the buns. An investigation revealed that the restaurant’s manager was slicing lettuce when he accidentally sliced off a big chunk of his finger and after he tended to his injury, he neglected to throw out the lettuce and served it up along with the skin slice still inside of it.
The truly scary part is where this happened: it was at ANOTHER Arby’s restaurant. Maybe they should just tell the public they are switching to serving finger sandwiches instead.