Contact Us

Cause of Suspicious Deaths in Billings Found

Body bag
Photo courtesy of Justin Sullivan / Staff / Getty Images

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — Yellowstone County officials say it appears a mother and daughter who were found dead in their home died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Coroner Bill Jones says they are awaiting results of blood tests, but Police Capt. John Bedford says carbon monoxide levels in the house were extremely high when the bodies were found Wednesday.

The victims were identified Thursday as 33-year-old Jessica Hicks and 14-year-old Alexis Nicholson.

Bedford says carbon monoxide appears to have come from an on-demand hot water heater that was improperly vented into the crawl space instead of outside.

The unit turned on when Hicks ran water for a shower. Officers say her body was found in the bathroom while Alexis collapsed at the top of the stairs coming up from the basement. Assistant coroner Chad Fehr says the family dog also died.

More From News Talk KGVO

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://newstalkkgvo.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on News Talk KGVO Radio quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on News Talk KGVO Radio quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!