Benefit Dinner for Sammi Ward – Saturday [AUDIO]
After the Griz beat Cal-Poly, make your way to the Reno Bar & Grill in East Missoula for the Benefit Dinner for Sammi Ward. This is the email that was received from Sammi that prompted Danny D's interview this
Hello my name is Sammi Ward. I recently survived a major brain surgery where the doctor removed a tumor that was attached to my brain stem.
The surgery was very unexpected and due to the placement of the tumor was a very risky procedure. I just turned 18 and graduated from Hellgate High School as the Cheer Captain. I had plans of going to college to be a radiology tech and would still like to achieve my dream. I will have a long recovery and need your help. All funds will assist me with my recovery process. Thank you for taking the time to meet me...
Details of Saturday's Benefit for Sammi:
- Spaghetti dinner from 3:00 - 6:00 on Saturday, Sept. 10th
- The Reno Casino Bar and Restaurant in E. Missoula
- Cost is $10.00 donation.
- The band "Mad Anthony" will be playing from 4:00 - 6:00
- Special appearance from the Hellgate High School Cheerleaders
- "The Devlin Connection" will be playing from 7:00 - 9:00
- Silent auction, raffle prizes, door prizes, and a 50/50 drawing
If you would like to help donate items, work at the event, or if you have any questions, please feel free to call MaryPat at 544-7155.
There's also a Facebook page for the event.
Click here to listen to today's interview with Jason Ward, Sammi's