An enormous tornado with a debris cloud two miles wide tore through the metropolitan area just south of Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon.
UPDATE 9:28 p.m. EST: At least 51 people were killed in the storm, including seven children from Plaza Towers Elementary School in Moore, according to KFOR in Oklahoma City. The news station reported that 75 student and staff were inside the school when the storm struck. Officials said Monday night that the search of the rubble remaining of the school had turned to a recovery mission.
Richard "Dick" Trickle died Thursday at the age of 71. His body was discovered next to his pickup truck at a cemetery in Lincoln County, North Carolina, after the longtime NASCAR and short-track driver shot himself, according to police.
The economy added 165,000 jobs in April, bringing the overall unemployment rate down a tick to 7.5 percent. The monthly report from the Labor Department also included upward revisions to the last two reports, helping to ease fears of a slowdown.
UPDATE 2:25 p.m. EST: The suspects' names are Azamat Tazhayakov, Dias Kadyrbayev and Robel Phillipos. From The Boston Globe:
Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev, both 19 and of New Bedford, were charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice by plotting to dispose of a laptop computer and a backpack containing fireworks belonging to bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the US attorney’s office said in a statement.
Robel Phillipos, 19, of Cambridge was charged with making false statements to law enforcement officials in a terorism investigation, prosecutors said. 12:10 p.m. EST: According to Boston.com, the three suspects went to school at UMass-Dartmouth with Dzhokar Tsarnaev and may have helped him in the days immediately following the bombing, which was on April 15. Two of the suspects have been charged with overstaying their student visas.
The Boston Police Department announced that it has taken into custody three new suspects as a result of its ongoing investigation into the Boston Marathon bombing.
On Monday, the Justice Department announced that it was charging Dzhokhar Tsarnaev with using a weapon of mass destruction that resulted in the deaths of three people at the Boston Marathon last week. If convicted he could face the death penalty or up to life in prison.
The second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing has been captured. Dzokhar Tsarnaev was taken into police custody Friday night -- five days after the bombing that left three dead and left more than 100 injured, police said. The 19-year-old was apprehended after a manhunt that began Thursday night with the fatal shooting of an MIT officer and extended into the evening hours on Friday.
Special Agent Rick DesLauriers of the FBI, who is leading the investigation of the Boston Marathon bombings, just held a press conference in which he revealed that there are two suspects. The FBI released photographs and video of two men believed to be responsible for the attacks.
It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on .
To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you.
To activate your account, please confirm your password.
When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.
*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.
Welcome back to KGVO Club VIP
It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://newstalkkgvo.com using your original account information.