Arson Fire Forces Evacuation of Montana Group Home
A small fire forced residents of a Great Falls group home for mentally disabled adults to spend a night in a hotel.
Great Falls Battalion Chief Bob Shupe says there were no injuries from the fire Friday night at the Little Belts Group Home.
He says staff members put the fire out with an extinguisher. The home’s residents spend a night in a hotel so the home could be cleaned up.
Shupe says damage at the group home was limited to some curtains and an adjacent wall area. He estimated the total cost of the damage to be less than $800.
Shupe tells the Great Falls Tribune that the fire was reportedly set by one of the home’s residents.